Building Our Home // House Update: New Furniture and Decor

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

I'm going to try to keep this short and sweet....try...

In March, Alan and I ordered some new furniture from our local La-Z-Boy Gallery. They were having a great sale, we had been looking for several months, and so luckily we finally found the perfect pieces. The stars aligned, and in 6 weeks it was delivered! I'm so glad we didn't have to wait the possible 12 weeks!
Alan has been wanting one of these extra double wide chairs forever, and I think that I love it as much as he does lol. We can both fit in it, it's the perfect snuggling chair :)
I got a small recliner that fits back in this corner perfectly. It's super comfy too!
We decided to get a simple couch, no bells, whistles, or reclining foot rests. We really didn't use them all that much on our other couch, and it just made it so much heavier. I absolutely love the clean lines and lower profile of our new one. 
*Tip: Buy the nice down feather filled throw pillows. WHY oh why did it take me so long to do that? My friend Candice has the coziest couch and pillows, and she told me to go and get clearance feahter filled pillows and then just find some new pillow covers for them. Duh! I didn't even think of that, I was always too cheap to spend $30+ on a pillow. 
So that's exactly what I did. I found a double pack of feather pillows on clearance at TJ Maxx for $20, I am totally willing to spend $10 on each pillow, not $30+. Then I went on Etsy and browsed for hours ordered some new covers for them. I found these ones from laurelandblushco and her shop is in Waco Texas, so I knew they were going to be beautiful <3

I just love how the new furniture lighted up the family room <3
Then for Alan's man cave, we found this couch, on clearance! It's just perfect for his space and super comfortable. I love the little tufts in the back. Shocker, I know haha! I knoestly dont know why it was in the clearnce room, I can not find a single thing wrong with it.
Now onto the new decorations...

I finally got tired of empty walls you guys!! It only took me 15 months, but it happened! I totally blew my budget and had too much fun shopping and decorating my dining room, laundry room, and guest bathroom a couple weeks ago. Oh well, it was totally worth it!

Let's start off in the dining room. This sweet little sign is from Hobby Lobby, as well as the cotton stems. I think it's the perfect touch to this room and it compliments my custom handmade table so well. Sawdust at Sunrise is amazing and her work is perfection, everyone always comments on it when they come over. You can check out Sabrina's awesome work here. The gray tufted chairs and white pitcher are from Target.
I totally am in love with my laundry room and it makes me smile every time I go in there. I really like the pop of color. I had been waiting for the perfect thing to show up and I was actually patient enough that it happened! I found these pretty floral pictures at Hobby Lobby as well. *Note to self...it is dangerous living so close to that place* The cute little 'so fresh and so clean' sign I bought a few months ago is from the Target dollar spot as well as soap pump *Another dangerous store that is so convenient to me* The hampers are from TJ Maxx, and the plant and pot are from Lowe's, and the cute little succulent was a housewarming gift from my cousins Sharell & Kylie <3
And finally, the guest bathroom. I had originally planned on putting some sort of shelves or baskets above the toilet, but I couldn't ever find anything that worked. Target to the rescue haha! I found those cute little ceramic hanging planters there and knew that they would be perfect. The metal part was originally gold, but a little bit of spray paint fixed them right up. I filled them up with succulents from Hobby Lobby. That's also where I found the cute little Scrub-A-Dub-Dub sign. The pin-tucked shower curtain, candle, and soap pump are all from Target. Oh and if you are wondering about that adorable white shelf/towel hook, my dad made that for me several years ago and that is definitely something that will always be hanging in my house.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I've really enjoyed making my place feel like home. Have a sweet and happy day!

I still have a few rooms and empty walls, but those will have to wait for another day...or maybe next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs