Lemon Blueberry Cake with Lemon Glaze

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

This cake is so easy and is bursting with flavor. Fresh blueberries, lemon zest, sweet lemon glaze and oh did I mention that you make this with a boxed cake mix?! It looks and tastes like you spent way more time on it than you actually did.


When I made this the first time I was having a family get together. I was in the middle of making a big dinner when I realized I didn't have anything for dessert, whoops. So I frantically dug around in my cabinets and found one yellow boxed cake mix. That was all I had and I didn't have time to go to the store to pick up anything else. I looked around in the fridge and found some blueberries and a lemon, so I decided to put it all together and make an experimental dessert. After all, isn't that what family are for, to be your guinea pigs haha ;) Luckily for me it turned out great and everyone loved it!

This really is so easy and so good! And I'm sure you could make up a homemade cake mix and it would be amazing too. 

Lemon Blueberry Cake with Lemon Glaze

Ingredients:
  • 1 boxed yellow cake mix (follow directions on the back of the box. I used a Betty Crocker mix and used 1 1/4 cups water, 1/3 cup oil, and 3 eggs)
  • 2 tsp fresh grated lemon zest
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 4.4 oz fresh blueberries

Lemon Glaze:
  • 1/2 cube salted butter
  • 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 2 tbsp milk
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees
  • Follow directions on the back of the cake mix box. *I used a Betty Crocker mix and used 1 1/4 cups of water, 1/3 cup oil, and 3 eggs.
  • Add 2 tsp fresh lemon zest and 1 tsp lemon juice
  • Mix on low 30 seconds. Scrape bowl and then mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. *I used a Kitchen Aid mixer
  • Add in 4.4 oz fresh blueberries and mix in by hand, try not to break them up
  • Prepare your bundt pan, grease and flour the pan well.
  • Pour batter into pan and bake according to the directions in the back of the box. Mine baked on 325 degree for 35-40 minutes. Check on it 5 minutes before it's supposed to be done just tomato sure it doesn't get over baked.
  • Take it out of the oven when done and let it cool 10 minutes
  • Invert cake onto a platter and release cake from the pan and let cool another 10 minutes
  • While cake is cooling make the glaze. Melt a 1/2 cube of butter add in 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar, 2 tbsp milk and 2 tbsp lemon juice..mix well until there are no lumps and it's smooth
  • Drizzle 1/2 the glaze on top and let it finish cooling completely, about 30-40 minutes
  • Right before cutting and serving pour the other 1/2 of the glaze on top
Enjoy!

Before Glaze


After 1/2 the Glaze


All of the Glaze


2 comments:

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs