Monday Must Haves: Makeup

Monday, August 3, 2015

I thought that it would be fun to share some of my must have makeup items. I enjoy watching makeup artists on YouTube and trying new things, nothing too crazy, but I still enjoying seeing what they use and recommend. I have a decent size makeup collection, not tons, but more that a couple makeup bags worth lol. I have cheaper drugstore makeup as well as some higher end brands. I enjoy shopping at Target, Ulta, Sephora and MAC. As long as it works good, doesn't irritate my skin and looks good, I like it.

Here's a few of my must haves...

  • Sigma Makeup Brushes. Amazing brushes that hold up well and are affordable. A few of my favorites are the F10 powder/blush brush I use it as a blush brush. F35 tapered highlighter, I use it to set my under eye concealer. F80 flat kabuki, the absolute best foundation brush! It leaves your skin flawless. F86 tapered kabuki, perfect for applying and blending concealer. E40 tapered blending, perfect for blending eyeshadow in and above the crease. E55 eye shading, great for applying color all over the lid. E45 small tapered blending, applies the perfect amount of color in your outer v for a smoky effect. E65 small angle, awesome for gel liner it is super thin and applies very precisely. E30 pencil, I use this for inner corner highlight and smudging the lower lash line. Link
  • Revlon PhotoReady Translucent Finisher. I love this and use it as my powder for setting my concealer. It helps minimize pores and leaves my skin luminous, soft and shine-free. Another great drugstore find. Link
  • BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfecter in Champagne Pop. The absolute prettiest highlighter ever! My favorite makeup artist, Jaclyn Hill, collaborated with BECCA cosmetics and created this gorgeous highlight. The tiniest bit, goes a long ways. This will last me for a long time. The shimmer is very neutral, not too gold or pink or silver, seriously just perfect! Link
  • Benefit Hoola Bronzer Box O' Powder. I love this bronzer! It is completely matte and is perfect for contouring. It is a nice formula that goes on smooth and blend easily. It's a more cooler colored bronzer so if you're skin is yellow toned like mine, you won't look muddy. Link
  • MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Painterly. Long-wearing, blendable and creamy. This is the best eyeshadow base eyelid primer I've ever used. You only need a little bit and the coverage is awesome. Completely smooths away and conceals any veins or imperfections and holds you're eyeshadow on all day. Say goodbye to creases! Another plus is that is can be used alone as an eyeshadow. Link
  • Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray. This stuff is amazing! It dries quickly. Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. Locks my makeup into place. Has no residual scent. I have bought at least 3 bottles and they last quite awhile. I use this year round but I enjoy it the most in the hot summer heat when your make tends to melt off. Link
  • Tarte Cosmetics Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 mascara. I love this mascara, but despise the packaging, so I always cut it off. Lengthening, curling, volumizing and conditioning. This works so well with my lashes and doesn't clump! Link
  • NYX Butter Gloss. Oh I just love these. There are so many shades to choose from, the coverage is awesome, and the price is on point. They aren't sticky and don't have a weird flavor. I threw away all of my other glosses because these are so great! Link
  • MAC Pro Longwear Concealer. This does all that it claims to do. 15 hour wear, waterproof and transfer resistant. This has been the only under eye concealer I've found that actually doesn't crease. Long lasting and super coverage. Remember to always use liquid concealer under your eyes. Leave the cream stuff to cover blemishes else wear. I wear shade nw20. Link
  • ELF Blush in Tickled Pink. This is the perfect pinky peach color. A natural blush that looks beautiful all year long. This is especially beautiful on tan sun kissed skin. Great drugstore product at a price that can't be beat. Link
  • Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream Daily Shine Control. Depending on the season I wear both the light/medium and medium/deep. This is my everyday foundation and it can be sheer or it has build-able coverage. This is great for my sensitive skin and it really helps even my skin tone. It does five things: controls shine, minimizes pores, even skin tone, hydrates and protects. I love that this has spf, is non-comedogeric, non-acnegeric, is oil free and doesn't leave you feeling greasy. Link
There you have it, my favorite makeup must haves. What are your favorite products? Let me know :)

*I am not compensated for my reviews, these are just my opinions and I wouldn't recommend anything I didn't love. 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome I'll have to try some of that make up !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are my go to's! Definitely the best stuff that works for me :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs