My Little Secret...

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Well, I guess right now is as good a time as any to let you know that I have been keeping a secret. I've been quiet about it for about 7 weeks now, and before this moment only my husband and I and a couple people, like 4, knew about it. I've been hiding a huge smile on the inside knowing that the time would come that I would get to spill the beans!

I rarely get to have secrets, especially big ones, and my husband is horrible about keeping them, he's actually the one who ended up telling a couple people, so in all honesty that this is still even a secret, is a miracle! We've been planning and dreaming of this for awhile now and were so excited that this is actually happening!!!

I'll give you a hint...aloha...

Okay, so that totally gave it away! We booked a spur of the moment vacation to Hawaii! We'll be visiting Kauai, my favorite Hawaiian island! And for the first time, in 11 years, we will be vacationing alone, together, with no one but ourselves to worry about. I'm so excited I am practically giddy!! No, I AM giddy! The last vacation we went on together, alone, was our honeymoon!

My husband has a pretty demanding job and he works long hours and had a lot of responsibility on his shoulders. He NEEDS this. We've been wanting to get away alone together for a long time. I'm so excited for this chance to unwind. We NEED this! 
Kauai on our last Hawaiian vacation in February 2015
My parents are timeshare owners and when this condo became available, and Alan could actually take vacation time from work that week, I frantically called my mom screaming, and told her to call her timeshare company asap and book it snagged it! There was only ONE room available, and we got it! It's was meant to be. I'm mean, when can you stay a full week, oceanfront, in Hawaii for only $105?!?!? 

I had a little time to prepare and save a little money, but for me, 7 weeks is pretty spur of the moment, especially since it as just a whim that I was actually on the timeshare website. I never get on that site to check availability, it was totally meant to be! Everything just fell into place and I am so thankful! Sometimes if you're patient things just work out.

We had a few bumps in the road, and a couple different times I thought we weren't going to be able to go and we would have to cancel it all together! I was feeling under the weather, the guy that who was supposed to cover for Alan while he's gone at work broke his arm, and then Alan was going to have to go to court and of course the date of the hearing was right smack dab in the middle of our vacation! Thank you judge for approving the continuance! Needless so say I've been a nervous wreck! And it wasn't until 7 days before we were supposed to leave that we got the ok from the court! I'm sure I grew a few more gray hairs over that one LOL!

Thanks to Groupon a few of the activities we're going to do, I bought a rock bottom prices! We also got an extremely great rate for our rental car, about 1/4 of the price that we paid the last time we went to Hawaii! Yay for saving money! And yay me, for calling 2 days before we were supposed to arrive and checking to see if the rates were any better!!

So by the time you are reading this we should be in the middle of the pacific and settling into the island life. Be prepared to be bombarded by see some photos if you are following me on Instagram :) I can't wait to be relaxing in the sun, under a palm tree, in the sand, with the warm tropical breeze on my face, salty water lapping at my feet, and my handsome, loving husband by my side. Paradise here we come!

Here's where we will be staying for the next 7 days!
Our resort
We will be staying in building A
The pool area
Here's a view from our room...OH MY GOSH!!! And, we will literally be just steps from the water!
The view from our beachfront lanai

4 comments:

  1. Yay!! I'm so excited that you guys got to go on a trip by yourselves :) I hope you have a great time! See you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs