Travel Blog ~ McCall, ID // Winter Vacation 2016

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Last week my father-in-law rented a big, beautiful cabin In McCall, ID. Thirteen of us ended up going up and staying a few nights. We enjoyed watching the snow fall, soaking at a local hot springs, tubing, playing games and pool, flying helicopters, going on walks, taking photos, eating tons of yummy food, and getting some R&R. While we were up there it snowed over 6 inches, and that was on top of the 48 that was already up there! It was so beautiful, I could just sit and watch the snow fall all day.

Here is the cabin we stayed in, it was so beautiful! And a couple times the clouds cleared and we had a few hours of blue sky
I decided one afternoon to brave the snow and take a few photos of the area around the cabin. The scenery was just stunning!
By the time I was done I was covered head eyelash to toe in snow :)
These were a few iPhone pictures on the way up to McCall. The Payette River and Rainbow Bridge.
 One of my favorite places to visit when I'm visiting McCall is Gold Fork Hot Springs. We basically had it to ourselves. It was so nice to be sitting in steamy water and have the snow fall all around us.
Alan, Grandma Dee & my father in law, Dale
Gold Fork River
This pretty horse was just begging to get his picture taken ;) Every morning he would walk to the fence line and just stand there looking our direction. The snow makes everything more magical.
And now a few family pictures...
Keith K. (Angela's Brother), Dale (Alan's Dad, my Father-In-Law,) Kevin & Lola (Angela's Dad & Mom), Keith D. (Alan's Brother, my Brother-In-Law), Angela (Keith D's wife, my Sister-In-Law), Alan, Me, Amy & Dane (Our good friends), Karla & Buck (My Mom & Dad)
Kevin & Lola, Keith D. & Angela, Grandma Dee (Dale's mom), Alan & I, Amy & Dane, Dale, Karla & Buck
Kevin taking a break to make snow angels :)
Our last day at the cabin
Dale & his sons
The Slack Family
The Bowers Family 
Snow Bunnies :)
Me and my favorite sister :)
Grandma and us granddaughters 
Taking a walk in the snow one afternoon
The girls :)

We had a great time and really enjoyed a few days of R&R. Thank you for stopping by :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh so much fun , beautiful photos and brrrrrr! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so pretty up there and it was actually not too cold it stayed in the 30's the whole time :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs