Sunday Special ~ Sentimental Gifts

Sunday, January 10, 2016

I wanted to share with you a couple of really beautiful things that I got for Christmas. My hubby really spoiled me this year! Well he always spoils me, but this Christmas, he was extra sweet.
 I had this pretty little box from my favorite jewelry store sitting in the tree...and inside of it, was this gorgeous Aquamarine ring!
 My birthday is in March, and this is my first piece of birthstone jewelry. Here's a little back ground about Aquamarine:

Aquamarine evokes the purity of crystalline waters, and the exhilaration and relaxation of the sea. It is calming, soothing, and cleansing, and inspires truth, trust and letting go. In ancient lore, Aquamarine was believed to be the treasure of mermaids, and was used by sailors as a talisman of good luck, fearlessness and protection, It was also considered a stone of eternal youth and happiness. 

The name Aquamarine comes from the Latin words, aqua marinus, meaning "water of the sea," and refers to its sparkling ocean-like color.

Aquamarine embodies all things connected to the sea, as well as those things relating to Heaven reflected on the surface of the water. It becomes a mirror, reflecting itself indefinitely, making it possible to discover hidden meanings of reality. It also allows us to explore the darkest depths of our souls, face to face with ourselves, and with others.

Now I know why I have such a love for sea and why my favorite Disney princess has always been Ariel :)
I absolutely love it. It is vintage inspired, elegant, cushion cut, and romantic. The sweet little details on the side add a little something extra special. I just am just so in love with it, and of course with my hubby. I have always wanted a birthstone ring, and this one is just perfect.
I also bought these angel wings in remembrance of my sweet tiny angel, who was also born in March. I have been wanting to get a pair for the last 7 years, but I just couldn't find any that I loved. Finally this year I found the perfect ones. I saw them and fell in love, but left the store without them, I wanted to make sure I really had found the ones. When I couldn't stop thinking about them for several days,  I went back and luckily got the very last pair, it was meant to be. 

"To my angel...we couldn't wait to hold you, now we hold you in our hearts.
This piece of jewelry is a little bittersweet for me. It's a birthstone/mother's/angel ring all in one. When I wear it it's just a little reminder that a piece of my heart is in Heaven. This is the most special, sentimental keepsake I have ever received, and I will forever cherish it <3

4 comments:

  1. That ring is so perfect for you! Perfect color, perfect meaning :) and those wings are precious. I'm glad you finally found your keepsake ornament. Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much sweet friend :) I love you too!

      Delete
  2. So very sweet, sending you love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs