2018 Cleaning & Organizing Challenge Week 4 ~ Cleaning Products

Monday, January 29, 2018

Good morning and happy Monday!

It's a new week and that means it's time for a new challenge. This week we are going to be cleaning, decluttering, and organizing all of our cleaning products and the areas where they are stored.
Week 4 Challenge: Cleaning Products
Cleaning products include, laundry detergents, bathroom and kitchen cleaners, microfiber cloths, rags, toilet brushes, buckets, scrub brushes, gloves, sponges, brooms, mops, vacuums, dustpans, anything that you use to clean your house with.

I jumped on the Norwex train a few years ago and I still love all of my products and cloths. They are microfiber and are seriously the best! A lot of my cleaning is done with just water and my Norwex. (Don't ask me why I still have so many cleaners!) I also love all of my safe and natural cleaners from Melaleuca, I have been using those for 7 years!

Anyways, I'm left with way too many cleaners, that I know for sure, so I am super excited for this category! My cleaners are stored under my bathroom sinks, utility sink, and kitchen sink. My laundry items, Melaleuca concentrates, and cleaning cloths are stored in the cabinets above my washer and dryer.

Laundry Items, Melaleuca, & Cloths 
I am beginning to see a pattern with myself, I like to hoard products. It doesn't seem like I really have that much when they are stored throughout the house, but when they are all sitting together in one place, I'm a little shocked. I owned a cleaning business for a few years and I still have excess supplies from that.
Start by discarding any empty bottles, rags that have holes in them and are too worn out, brushes and sponges that are old, etc. Dontae/Sell products that you don't like or don't use. Shelters, schools, and churches would love the extra supplies. Keep everything that you use and continue to buy over and over again. Refill the bottles that need it and discard the empties.

Trash!
Wipe down the shelves, wash out the caddy's or buckets were the cleaners are stored, and wipe down all of the bottles. Clean out from underneath your sinks. Wash it out, dry it, and organize the products that you store under them. I just love the baskets from Target. They are inexpensive and come in so many colors and sizes.

Kitchen
Master Bathroom
Guest Bathroom
Utility Sink. Most everything under here is my extras. 
*Extra Credit: Clean your vacuum. Wash or replace your filters, wipe down the exterior and the canister, and clean the beater bar (I'm pretty sure I could have made a few wigs from all of the hair I've cut off of mine over the years haha!) Wash off your broom and bristles in warm soapy water, rinse and dry. Replace your mop head.
A lot of my cleaning rags were in the laundry baskets, I have about twice the amount pictured above.

I hope that you have a great week and enjoy your spring cleaning!

1 comment:

  1. Nice! And I just love those baskets from target I'm starting my own collection of them! lol

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs