Travel Blog ~ Stanley, ID 2018

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Last weekend Alan & I took a drive about 3 hours northeast of where we live to Stanley, Idaho.
The Sawtooth National Forest is breathtaking. It is my favorite little slice of Idaho <3 Every time I visit here I am in awe. It is just so beautiful <3 If you haven't been here yet, I highly recommend visiting.

This will be just like all of my travel blogs...photo overload!

Emile Grandjean Lookout. We always stop here on the way to Stanley. It's a pretty lookout that has the first sneak peek of the Sawtooth Mountains. I also love all the beautiful pine trees that go as far as the eye can see.
I took this one haging out the car window as we flew down the road. Some of the first glimpses of the Sawtooths a few miles outside of Stanley.
I'm going to put this out here for the world to see...my husband is amazing. He is so patient with me and all my craziness. When I see a pretty spot and want a picture, he pulls over without hesitation <3 That's true love right there guys, I've got a keeper.
Every couple of miles or so the scenery would change and we would pull off the road and stare at the beauty. The wildflowers were growing like crazy, the grass was green, the sky was so blue, and the mountains were crisp in the morning light. I was in photographers heaven. I wanted to travel light so I didnt even bring my nice Canon, my iPhone took all of these photos.
IDAHOME <3
 This is Little Redfish Lake. Here there are no motorized boats allowed so it is a quiet place to . It is smaller and surrounded by camping sites and hiking trails. This is a favorite spot for fishermen.
 
We ended up spending the afternoon at Redfish Lake.
 It is a much bigger lake than Little Redfish. It is surrounded by the beautiful Sawtooth Mountains, pine trees, and hiking trails. There are lots of day use spots, beaches, and overnight camping sites all around the lake. 
At Redfish Lake there are lots of water activities, boating, a lodge, crystal clear water and views that are just unreal. There is also a ferry that will take you to the far side of the lake and drops you off at a hiking trail that leads up into the wilderness,
We brought along a picnic lunch and our two-person hammock. We found a nice spot beside the lake, hung the hammock up in a couple trees, and spent the afternoon hanging out, literally :) It was so nice.
The water is so clear! And oh so cold!
We had such a nice day away and really enjoyed all of the beauty that Idaho has to offer. I am so thankful for my hubby and our adventures together.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you have a sweet and beautiful day!

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs