Sunday Special ~ My Cleaning Schedule

Sunday, July 26, 2015

This will officially be my first post for my Sunday Special.

There are so so so many cleaning lists and schedules out there it can be a little overwhelming. This is the one I made up for myself and what works for me. I have been on this schedule for so long that it comes to me like second nature. And you know what? If something comes up and I don't get to do the cleaning, the world keeps on spinning and the cleaning can happen another day. Some people might call me a clean freak, neat freak, control freak, tidy person, but my world doesn't not implode if the cleaning doesn't get done. Life is short and if I get the chance to do something with my friends and family, you can bet that's exactly what I'm going to do.


Daily Chores
  • Make bed
  • Quick pick up (laundry, shoes, papers, whatever is laying around that shouldn't be)
  • Wipe down bathrooms
  • Load/Unload dishwasher
  • Weekly chore
  • Sweep floors
  • Wipe down kitchen

These things get done everyday no matter what. It  only takes about 20 minutes to do all of this and if it gets done and nothing else that day, I'm just fine with that and any visitors that might come would never know the difference.

Weekly Chores
  • Bathrooms & Towels
  • Laundry & Monthly Chore
  • Sweep & Mop
  • Trash & Dust
  • Sheets & Whites
  • Vacuum & Groceries
  • Catch-up & Crafts
Each of these gets done once a week in addition to my Daily Chores. Choose one to do each day and check it off the list when it's complete. The next day choose another and so on.

Monthly Chores
  • Yearly Chore
  • Rugs & Deep Clean a Room
  • Organize & De-clutter
  • Refrigerator & Oven
  • Car & Garage
These bigger jobs are so much easier when they are broken down and only one is done each week. So throughout the month the harder stuff gets done without you having to make extra time to do it, it's already scheduled. Choose one to do each week and check it off the list when it's complete. The next week choose another and so on. 

Yearly Chores 
  • Bathroom Cabinets
  • Kitchen Cabinets
  • Ceiling Fans
  • Blinds & Curtains
  • Outside of House
  • Curio Cabinets
  • Silk Plants
  • Windows & Sills
  • Garage & Storage Room
  • Baseboards & Mouldings
  • Walls & Touch-up Paint
  • Under Refrigerator 
The yearly chores are a just like the monthly ones only you do these once a month instead of once a week. The time is already scheduled to do them and it only takes one day out of an entire month to do it. Choose one to do each month and check it off the list when it's complete. The next month choose another and so on. 

This is what works for me. It might not be ideal for you, but try it and see. Maybe something similar will work. I tried a bunch of different things before I came up with this one and it stuck. Now it hangs on the side of my fridge so it's easy to see everyday just incase I need a reminder. I also made those adorable frames with just cardboard, glue, scissors, magnets and scrapbook paper. Thanks Pinterest, here's the tutorial I used :)


Happy Sunday and I hope you have a productive and happy week :)

2 comments:

  1. Yup I like that list and yes you have a very tidy clean home !

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs