Guest Bedroom Makeover

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Soft and romantic. Calm and dreamy. Simplified and relaxing. 
This is my new theme for my home. At least that's what I'm hoping for.


We bought our home 9 years ago in August and painted the whole thing a muted taupe-like sage green called Mexican Feather Grass by Ralph Lauren. My in-laws had several gallons left over from their remodel just a few months prior to us moving in. I never really cared for the color, but it was free so we used it. 

A few years went by and I slowly started repainting rooms. I started with my guest room and choose a color called Scotland Road by Behr. I immediately regretted it, but I finished the room anyways, hoping I would grow to love it. It didn't happen.

I guess after all, it wasn't the paint color I didn't like, it was the rich warm accents, chocolate brown curtains and bedding I paired with it.
Gag!


But now, 8 years later, I decided to do something about it. After reading the book The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, I decided that I want my home to spark joy. So I gave this room a quick makeover and now I love it, even the paint color!


Now it's just so beautiful! It took lighter linens, and few feminine touches, and less stuff on the walls...hmm imagine that, thank you Marie Kondo. I still can't believe the transformation


  Comforter is Threshold Raw Edge Quilt from Target


Ruffle pillow shams, chanille pillows and the Suzani Embroidered Pillow are all from Target 



This gorgeous French Provincial nightstand is from Vintiques, a local vintage store


The lamp & base are Threshold brand from Target, but I found them new with the tags still on at Goodwill. Score! White doily is hand crocheted by my mom


The curtains are from Burlington Coat Factory


Candles and metal holder are from Cost Plus World Market


 I made this pretty paper doily chandelier with the help of Martha Stewart's tutorial.
All supplies were found at Goodwill, embroidery hoops, yarn, ribbon and paper doilies



As much as I am loving light painted furniture, I will not paint my cedar hope chest. This is handmade by my dad. He made it for my 16th birthday


Metal decoration is from Kohl's


The roses & glass vase were from a garage sale.
Picture frame is from Marshall's and the box is from Graples Home Decor Outlet


I found the covered jar and decor at Goodwill



So far I have updated my master bedroom, guest bedroom, kitchen and dining room, and to no surprise they are my favorite rooms in my home.

There's just something about light, clean colors that make my heart happy. 

Sometimes it just takes a coat of paint, new decor and some new linens to totally transform a room.  Or in my case just the linens and decor :)

Thank you for reading

4 comments:

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs