30th Birthday Tea Party

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

The last few weeks have been busy! It seems like I haven't had a chance to stop since we got home from Hawaii. But I'm not complaining, I've been busy doing fun things like decorating, crafting, shopping, baking, and planning a 30th Birthday for one of my best friends! My cousin and I decided to throw a fun birthday tea party for our cousin to celebrate her 30th. She is the first of us to turn 30 and we wanted to make it special. 

Our aunt got all of the woman on my side of the family pretty teacups and saucers last year for Christmas and every time we planned on having a tea party something would come up and it just never worked out. So finally we picked a day, and it just so happened to be a couple days before Kristina's actual birthday, so it turned into a birthday bash as well :) 15 of us ladies made it, that's everyone but 3, so that's a success.

My cousin hosted the party at her house and all the ladies pitched in and made food and desserts. I made up some fun decorations, thanks to Pinterest, and we all had a great time! It was sweet, simple and oh so girly! 

I saw this pin on Pinterest and recreated it to fit in with our theme. I think the birthday crown turned out so cute! (Excuse the quality of the pictures, they were all taken with my iPhone, blogger fail!)
These tissue paper flower pom pom's and tassel garland were super easy and I found the tutorials here and here on Pinterest as well.
As for all the other decorations, lace table cloths, cake stands and dishes, those were things I already had. And the Fun & Flirty Kristina's 30! banner I whipped up using scrapbook paper, vinyl, my cricket and some jute. Super fun and easy!
Here's a few shots from the party after all the yummy food was set out. We had croissant sandwiches, grilled ham & cheese, fruit and dip, you can find the recipe here, cucumber sandwiches, ham & dill pickle roll-ups, veggies, ranch & dill dip, cheddar broccoli soup, chicken & wild rice soup, Mexican tortilla soup, and bread sticks.
Then it was time for dessert and tea! Homemade devil's food cake with mocha frosting, you can see how fancy we are with our exquisite piping skills lol!
Tea, lemon tarts, cream puffs & chocolate filled raspberries. And everyone received a complimentary sugar cube in their teacups thanks to my 4 year old niece who just couldn't resist serving us those adorable sugary squares lol!
 My sweet little tea cup :) Mmm hot sugar water lol!
 The Birthday Girl!!
We had a great day celebrating a beautiful girl! Lots of food, love & laughs!
Next, it's my big 3-0! Eeek!

4 comments:

  1. Thank You, Thank You for such an AMAZING 30th Birthday bash...Made turning the big 3-0 not so bad! Love You!!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so so so so welcome! It was fun! I'm happy to hear 30 isn't so bad ;) Love you too!

      Delete
  2. So much fun ! You did an awesome job making and putting up decorations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a blast! You were a great hostess! Thanks for planning the party :) We're a pretty good team ;)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs