Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

Sunday, November 22, 2015

A couple of days ago I decided to make a stove top potpourri, you can see that recipe here. The smell was intoxicating. Cranberries, cinnamon, orange and spices, mmm the smell of the holidays quickly filled my home. There are just certain smells that bring back great childhood memories and this is one of them. After feeling nostalgic for awhile, I decided to turn on my Pandora Christmas channel and then something magical happened...I was carrying in my Christmas decor and setting up my tree! LOL it happened so fast, and before I knew it, BAM it's Christmas :)
Whoops! It was November 17th and official the earliest I have ever put up my Christmas tree. And as my friend said, "well that escalated quickly!" LOL! I really don't know how it all happened, that really wasn't what I had planned for the day, but now it's Christmas all over :) 
My husband's birthday is the 29th of November and he is a little bit of a grinch prefers that we wait until after his birthday to decorate for Christmas, he always hated that he has the decorations up for his birthday while growing up. Well a few days ago I was telling him that I was in at Hobby Lobby looking at all the pretty Christmas decor and that I was reeeaaally in the mood to decorate the house for the holidays and he said "okay do what ever you want." Wait, what? Those are dangerous words sir, very dangerous! LOL! So when he came walking in the door Tuesday he had to do a double-take and then said, "oh you were serious about the Christmas decorating?" Yes dear, I never joke about Christmas decorating! 
I bought my 7.5 foot artificial tree last Black Friday at Target for a screaming good deal. This year I splurged a little at Hobby Lobby at got all new decor for the tree, besides how can you pass up 50% off ALL Christmas!?!?  Ribbon, ornaments, glittery branches, a new tree skirt and stockings. I've always wanted and pretty, elegant tree and I think I nailed it. Silver, white, champagne, glitter and snowflakes, it's a winter wonderland! Even the grinch Alan likes it!
I am still in the process of decorating the rest of the living room, I have just a few things left to buy, and a dozen half finished craft projects to finish, but for now I will sit and enjoy this beauty.
I'd love to know, is your Christmas tree up yet? When do you usually decorate? How early is too early? What are your decorating traditions?

2 comments:

  1. Haha! This still cracked me up! :) The tree looks gorgeous btw, and those are some great pictures! Ugh, I can't wait to set up my tree...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I know it's too funny! Thank you, I am in love with it! It's just makes me so happy to look at! Hopefully in a couple weeks you can get it set up, but until then just come over and enjoy mine :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs