Sweetheart Rice Krispie Treats

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Welcome back :) As you may have noticed I updated my blog and I am so in love with it! The florals, pinks, and feminine touches, are right up my ally. And naturally, after hours of setting it up and looking at the pretty spring colors, I am even more excited for my favorite season to get here!

So keeping with the theme, today I decided to make a sweet dessert and I can't wait to share it with you all. This takes less than 10 minutes to make and it will be gobbled up just as fast. These would be a lot fun to make with your kids too. Who doesn't love Rice Krispies, frosting, and sweet little heart candies?
These Sweetheart Rice Krispies are so festive and would be the perfect treat for your Sweetheart and Valentine :) They take me back to my childhood, when I just couldn't wait for our class parties in elementary school. Everything was pink and red with hearts everywhere. The anticipation of what valentine your 'crush' would give you. Then of course all the sweet treats and candy you would get in your little handmade desktop valentines box, you knew you'd always get at least one box of heart candy...oh the good old days!
I have always loved Valentine's Day. I know a lot of people don't like to celebrate it, but I do, any chance I get to celebrate love, I'll do it. Some of my favorite Valentine's celebrations have been when my husband and I stay home and have a nice dinner and dessert and then watch a romantic comedy together. Fighting the crowds and waiting hours for a table for dinner is just not my cup of tea.

Okay enough reminiscing for me haha! Here's what you've been waiting for...

Sweetheart Rice Krispie Treats

Ingredients:
  • 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
  • 3 tbsp Butter
  • 10 oz. Mini Marshmallows
  • 1 cup Heart Candies
  • 1/2 cup Vanilla Frosting
Directions:
  1. Melt 3 tbsp butter in a large pot over medium heat.
  2. Add 10 oz marshmallows to the butter and stir frequently until it's almost completely smooth.
  3. Gently stir in 6 cups of Rice Krispies and 1/2 cup of the candy hearts until the marshmallows, cereal and candy have combined and created something yummy and gooey ;) Be careful not to stir them too much and smash them.
  4. Put the Rice Krispies into a buttered 9x13 pan and gently spread them out evenly. And for heavens sake, please don't smash them down, that's the fastest way to ruin your treats.
  5. Microwave 1/2 cup vanilla frosting for about 20-30 seconds until it is pourable.
  6. With a spoon, drizzle the frosting all over the top of the treats.
  7. Sprinkle the other 1/2 cup of heart candy over the top.
  8. Cut into squares and enjoy :)
That's it, I told you they were super easy! I hope you all are having a wonderful day. Thank you for stopping by :)

11 comments:

  1. Ummmm. These look delicious! The perfect Valentine's Day activity :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree they are a fun little activity :)

      Delete
  2. This looks soo yummy! I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Haven't had a rice crispy treat in very long time! I think I'm due!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I might make these for my Valentine's Day party at school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness—these RKT's look so beautiful and delicious. I love that you add a bit of vanilla frosting too! I'm also loving your blog graphics—did you do these yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! They're pretty fun and festive :) I wish I was that talented, I actually bought the template off Etsy, it's designed by Pish and Posh.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs