My 30th Birthday Luau

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

I am officially 30. Thirty. The big 3-0. I am still trying to let that sink in. I graduated from high school 12 years ago. I was born in the 80's. I was born in the last millennium. Eighteen years ago I started dating Alan. I have been married 11 years. I. Am. Old.

I look in the mirror and now I actually see someone who is not 17. Did I blink and that happen? I must have! Suddenly my eyes are puffy and I have dark circles. Little lines are showing up on my face. I ache. And my hair, oh how I don't even want to talk about my ever thinning and graying hair. But despite those things, I am happy. So happy to be alive and grateful for the health that I have.

I am so blessed with the love of a hardworking, honorable, patient man. I am blessed with wonderful parents who love me unconditionally and who I couldn't imagine life without. I am blessed with family and in-laws who are always there for me when I need them. I am blessed with thoughtful, fun, loving friends who can always bring a smile to my face.

Speaking of my friends, I have the very best ones and I'm sure of it. They went above and beyond anything I could imagine when they threw me a party last week. They know me so well, they threw me a fun beach themed luau party! I love the beach and everything that has to do with sun, sand, and the sea! I was shocked at how much they did for me and how special they made me feel. It was completely awesome and I had such a great time!
I also have to give a huge shout out to my amazing mom and everything she did to help with the party as well. She also made 6 batches of rice krispie treats to make this huge sandcastle cake!!! Thanks mom, I'm still eating rice krispie treats!
The food, the decorations, the gifts, the family and friends that came. Everyone wore bright colors, pretty leis, and shell necklaces. Everything about that day was fantastic, and it will be a day I will always cherish. Here's a few pictures from the party! And yes, I really was that surprised when I walked in ;)
Shaved Ice maker with real fruit syrup from Amy! You are such a sweet friend and you know I will use this like crazy! Thank you so much I love love love it! You are such a great friend!
I think little Millie loved the party as much as I did!
After the party was over and everything was cleaned up, Millie decided to put on the grass skirt I brought to her from Hawaii, and do the hula!
 I got a cute Auntie card with a Target gift card and spring dish towel from Kristina and the kids :)
 Just some of the yummy food and drinks.
Malibu Chicken and fresh grilled pineapple, mmm!
Kristina knows me too well, Little Mermaid is my favorite!
 Monica, Me & Kristina. My besties, sisters, and cousins since birth, thank you for everything! I love you ladies so much and can't imagine a life without you in it!
 Cute chalkboard sign from Monica! Thank you for hosting my party :)
 Some more fun decorations from Kristina & Amy :)
My mom and I. Oh how I love this woman :)
 Some of the friends and family that came! There were 18 total that came and celebrated!
 The sweet little Hula Girls :) Corra & Millie
 Beautiful Rose Gold Plumeria earrings from Monica :) I love them! Thank you!
 Trying out the Shaved Ice!! Thanks again Amy, it's awesome!!
 Make a wish!
"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."~ Unknown

Thank you to everyone who helped me celebrate this big milestone birthday. Your cards, gifts, texts, calls and posts to my wall, all made me feel extra special and made turning 30 not so bad. I love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Very Fun day! I LOVED planning this party to celebrate you!! <3 Still hard to believe we are THIRTY now!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all your hard work! You guys definitely made turning thirty not so bad :) Thank you for the FUN day!!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs