Travel Blog ~ Rockaway Beach, Oregon // 30th Birthday Vacation 2016

Monday, March 14, 2016

A couple months ago we booked a fun little getaway to the Oregon coast for my 30th birthday. Alan and I, my mom and dad, and Alan's dad and grandma all went. We flew to Portland and then got a car and drove to Rockaway Beach. We rented a nice house that was right on the beach, it was such a nice place and the whole front of the house was windows so we had an awesome view!

We did lots of relaxing, sightseeing and picture taking. If there's one thing my mom and I love to do while on vacation, it's taking pictures. Thank goodness for digital cameras!

Day 1: Thursday, March 3rd. We traveled a few hours and then we got to our house around 10:30am and enjoyed the views. Then we took a walk on the beach. Thank goodness for the sunset that night because it was the only one we were able to see the whole time we were there.
Our view from the house.
Our house was the second one from the right.



Day 2: Friday, March 4th. Alan and I had a lazy day of kite flying, walking in the rain, and beach combing. Everyone else went on a drive to Lincoln City and Tillamook. You can't go to Tillamook without stopping by the Tillamook Cheese Factory!! Their squeaky cheese, pepperoni, and ice-cream are so good.






Day 3: Saturday March 5th. The weather was nice so we celebrated my birthday a day early. Family pictures, Cannon Beach, Seaside, shopping, Hug Point, and a huge seafood dinner. It was a wonderful day!

 Cannon Beach. I just love Haystack Rock.







 Hug Point. Make sure to go at low tide or you wont be able to make it around the cliffs to the waterfall. This was such a beautiful spot!

 You wouldn't know that this feisty lady is 81 years young :)




Day 4: Sunday, March 6th. Happy 30th Birthday to me :) We had a pretty morning, complete with a beautiful bouquet, and then it rained. And then it was sunny. And then it rained, that's just the coast for you, the weather never makes up it's mind. We went back to Cannon Beach to buy some salt water taffy from my favorite candy shop on the coast, Bruce's Candy Kitchen. I opened some gifts and then we went out on the jetty in Garibaldi to watch the waves. It was a nice relaxing day.


 I found my little dream beach house and it was hot pink!
 Rain and sunshine.


Day 5: Monday, March 7th. Vacation is over :( We packed up our stuff and just as we were about ready to leave, a pretty rainbow came out to say goodbye.
While driving down Highway 6, one of the most beautiful roads I have ever been on, I spotted a waterfall and we turned around to check it out. It was so worth it!



Once we made it to Portland we spent an hour or so at Washington Park before we had to go to the airport. I will HAVE to go back in the summer, I can't even imagine how beautiful the gardens would be then. Spring is my favorite season and it was in full bloom.







This was such a fun little getaway with family. I couldn't have asked for a better 30th birthday! Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fun trip😊 we are planning a trip to the coast for spring break..wohooo, those gardens look amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great time and got out of there just in the nic of time, I guess they had hurricane force winds a couple days after we left! Hopefully you have great weather, enjoy your vacation :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Toni! I'm your neighbor that you just met! Not to sound stalkerish, but I had to check out your blog! I love it! I think you are such a fun person! I hope we get to know each other better. I had to comment because we went to Oregon ( Manzanita Beach) we went March 1st-5th! And visited some of these same places! We were there for two of our kids birthdays. They share a birthday on March 2nd. Anyway, I love your blog! I hope it is ok that I came inside to eat lunch and decided to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tonya :) It's just fine, I'm glad you looked me up! And that is so funny we we're both at the same place at the same time! What a small world! I just love Manzanita, the coast is so pretty there. I'm glad you came over and introduced yourself and I'm sure we will find time to talk more. Thanks for checking out my blog :)

      Delete
  3. Manzanita Beach offers a gorgeous seven-mile beach, a charming town populated with creative, independent boutiques and restaurants, and many activities like hiking, fishing, surfing, mountain biking, boating, golfing, and more. To know more details visit manzanita beach rentals

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is great, thank you for sharing. Looking to get a home for rent? You can get it from Beach Vacation.
    Westhampton Beach Vacation Rentals
    Westhampton House Rentals

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs