Strawberry-Lime Pineapple Colada

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Warm days and sunshine are finally here and that means I am ready for some fun, fruity drinks! I love sitting outside on my patio, listening to the sprinklers run, while sipping on something yummy. Luckily for me my local grocery store had fresh, ripe pineapples for $2 each, strawberries for $1 a pint, and limes for .10 cents each. I love cheap produce! I figured I could whip something yummy up with those things, and boy did I ever!

I go in spurts with how much I use my blender, and lately it's just been sitting out on the counter because I've been using it so much. Smoothies, milkshakes, fruit slushes, and now, strawberry-lime pineapple coladas have been whir-ing around inside my blender almost daily.
This was definitely a happy accident that this turned out so good. I really didn't have a recipe to go by so I just started throwing things in and blending them up. I figured you really can't go wrong with fresh fruit, coconut and lime. I have also used mangoes instead of strawberries and that was delicious too!
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup fresh pineapple
1 cup strawberries
1 cup coconut milk
2 cups ice cubes
1 lime, juiced

DIRECTIONS:
Cut up your fruit and put it into the blender.
Add the coconut milk, ice and lime juice.
Blend until smooth and serve in a pineapple for fun!
Super easy and super delicious!
You can always add a little white rum to make some delicious adult cocktails too!
Thanks for stopping by! Happy blending to you all :)

2 comments:

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs