Chicken Chili

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Simmering Saturday...

Fall is officially on here and I'm so excited. I love this time of year when things start to slow down and the weather gets a little cooler. I always start craving comfort food and soups this time of year. It must be something in the air ;)

I want to share this delicious Chicken Chili with you all. I ate this over at a friends house several years ago and I couldn't stop thinking about it until I could get the recipe and make it myself.
Since then I have made it a lot, and I mean a lot. It is my go to recipe for ladies lunches, pot lucks, and quick easy dinners. If you love Mexican food and fresh flavors you are going to love this soup.
Another awesome thing about this soup is that it quick! In less than 20 minutes this goes from stove to table.
Here's everything that you'll need:
Saute, chicken, spices, onion, garlic, and bbq sauce on medium high heat until chicken is cooked through. About 5-7 minutes
Add in the beans with liquid, water, and salsa. Stir together and simmer until everything is heated through. About 5 minutes
Add in the cilantro and sour cream and simmer a couple minutes.
Remove from heat and and serve.
I love to top it with avocado, cheese, and sour cream.
Ingredients:
  • 1 Chicken Breast, cut into bite size pieces
  • 1tsp Mexican Seasoning (I just make it myself using Salt, Black Pepper, Cumin, Chili Powder, Paprika, Garlic Powder, Oregano)
  • 1/3 Red Onion, diced
  • 1 tsp Garlic, minced
  • 1 tbsp BBQ Sauce
  • 1 can White Beans (Great Northern or Cannellini are my favorites)
  • 1/2 cup Water
  • 1 cup Cilantro, roughly chopped
  • 1/2 cup Salsa
  • 1 tbsp Sour Cream
  • Avocado (optional)
  • Cheese (optional)
  • Sour Cream (optional)
Directions:
  1. Saute, chicken, salt, pepper, onion, garlic, and bbq sauce on medium high heat until chicken is cooked through. *Yes you need the BBQ sauce it just doesn't taste the same without it :)
  2. Add in the beans with liquid, water, and salsa. Stir together and simmer until everything is heated through.
  3. Add in the cilantro and sour cream and simmer a couple minutes.
  4. Remove from heat and and serve.
  5. Optional but recommended is to top with avocado, cheese, and sour cream.
4-6 servings
This is soooo good! It is super easy to double or triple this recipe so it will feed a crowd. It's bursting with flavor and is very filling. If you're looking for something to new to add to your menu try this, you won't be sorry! 

Thank you for stopping by. Have a sweet and wonderful day.

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs