Review: Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Today I am going to review Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder.

First of all let me start by saying I LOVE this!
I have been eyeing this for quite awhile, but couldn't justify spending money on something I didn't need. I already had a powder that I loved and I hadn't run out of it yet. So the day came where there was way more pan than product, and I decided to take a little trip to Sephora.

I made my way over to the Laura Mercier counter and lo and behold there was only one box left. It was meant to be. I picked up that little box and I asked the lady at the check out if this was what everyone was raving over, and she said "yes, it is amazing, you're going to love it!" (She's right.)

So today I decided to try it out. I've had this powder for about a week and just have been waiting for the right time, or a special occasion to break it out. Today was nothing special I was just dying to try it! After all, any day can be special, right? Honestly, I've been procrastinating, and not wanting to take the new away. Weird I know.

First of all I love the packaging. It's timeless and sleek, in an easy open container with a screw on top and sifter.
The power itself is very very fine and super soft. Pale/translucent in color and has a light, barely there scent. And there is a lot of it, so it will last quite awhile, at least for me.
It applies like a dream. Evenly and smoothly. I like applying my setting powder with a Sigma F35 Tapered Highlighting Brush. It's the perfect size and it applies just the right amount.
I finished my Makeup at about 10:20am and removed it at 10:30pm. I got a full 12 hours of wear out of it, and it still wasn't breaking down on me.

Here is what it looks like right after application. I apologize in advance for the awkward closeups...
I rearranged and cleaned out the cabinets in my kitchen. Went to lunch with my hubby. Went grocery shopping and then edited photos outside on my patio.

Here's what it looks like 4 hours later in natural light...
Then I delivered some newborn photos. Made chicken enchiladas for dinner, and went to visit some family friends.

Here's what it looks like 8 hours from application...
Later I came home, cleaned up the dinner mess and watched a little Netflix.

I had a full and busy day, and my face looked just as good 12 hours later. I'm impressed. And I did not touch it up at all. The only thing I did was reapply my lipstick throughout the day.

12 hours later...
Bottom line is that this powder applies beautifully, is long wearing, doesn't settle into fine lines and pores, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, and is worth every penny. I think I have found a new favorite <3

I am extremely pleased with my purchase and I highly recommend it. I guess there is a reason why every beauty guru and beauty magazine is raving about it!

Thank you for taking the time to read. If you are considering a new setting powder, Laura Mercier makes a fantastic one! Have a sweet and wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. A good setting powder is one of the most important to set up the makeup foundation properly. There is no other way to set up a better Makeup foundation!
    Here are also more different branded setting powder.....
    https://www.ladiesitem.com/best-drugstore-setting-powder/

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs