Travel Blog ~ Sun Valley, ID 2016

Thursday, October 6, 2016

I am finally getting around to posting the latest little getaway my husband and I took.

We spent a week in Sun Valley, Idaho. The weather was perfect, and the fall colors were amazing! We spent a lot of time hiking, photographing, driving, photographing, sightseeing, eating, playing cards, picnicking, photographing, and enjoying some R&R. Yes, lots and lots of photos were taken. I can't help myself, I was taught by the best, thank Mom!

We stayed in a condo right in the center of town so we were close to everything. I love staying in condos, mostly because I can still cook full meals and that definitely helps save a little money when vacationing. It's definitely a home away from home.

And just a fair warning, there will be a picture overload here...

This is Sun Valley Lake. It is located just behind Sun Valley Lodge. I picked the perfect morning to photograph here. There was no wind and the sun was still low in the mid morning sky. The reflection of Baldy Mountain was perfect!
My cousin and her family came and stayed a couple nights with us and so did my mom and dad. Thank you for coming up and sharing our fun getaway :)
 Love this picture of us Monica <3
One day my parents were out sightseeing, while the rest of us were walking the bike path and grabbing a bite to eat. I called my mom to see where they were and she said that they spotted moose! We all jumped in the car and raced to where they were, and sure enough there were moose! Three of them! We watched them for over an hour, it was so much fun to see them in their natural habitat.
I took my eyes off the moose for a couple minutes to enjoy my surroundings. There is so much beauty down off Trail Creek Rd.
Me in my natural habitat lol!
The day my parents left we went on a drive to Stanley. It's just about an hour from Sun Valley. We drove over Galena Summit, where we were greeted by those beautiful Sawtooth Mountains. Technically, all of that Wood River area is in the Sawtooth National Forest, but this is always my favorite view of the Sawtooth mountain range. We made a pit stop at Little Red Fish Lake too, definitely my favorite lake to photograph.
As we parted ways and my parents drove home, Alan and I headed back towards Sun Valley. We found a little dirt road that lead way up to the top of a huge mountain. We had 360 degree view, it was spectacular! Now I wish I knew how high up we really were.
We even found a fun rock in the shape of Idaho :)
About 20 minutes outside of Sun Valley we drove through prairie land and it was burning gold and orange.
We had a fun little picnic on the creek one afternoon. I wrote a blog post about it here, if you want to read more about it. I also enjoyed taking a few photos of the scenery and of the grasshoppers that were everywhere!
There are miles and miles of bike paths that run through Hailey, Ketchum and Sun Valley. We spent our mornings walking along the paths and taking in the scenery. And you know me and flowers, they were just begging me to take their pictures haha ;)
I spent plenty of time hiking around in the woods praying not to get eaten by a bear and taking photos, that really is my favorite thing to do on vacation. I enjoy the peace and quiet and finding beauty in God's creation. I found this pretty bridge that crossed the Wood River and I probably spent way too much time taking its picture lol. Of course the river was there to photograph as well :)
We took our time on our way home, photographing as we went. This is the South Fork of the Payette River, the water was so clear! The drive home was beautiful and the mountain sides were stunning!
If you're from Idaho and you have never had the chance to see this part of the state, I highly recommend it. Especially in September! And if you're not for around here, Sun Valley is quite the tourist destination. Fantastic skiing and high class amenities are all around,

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read. Have a sweet and happy day!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures!!!! And thanks for inviting us it was fun!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs