Building Our Home // Concrete, Appliances & Lumber

Thursday, December 1, 2016

First off, let me say thank you all for your well wishes, excitement, and out pouring of love <3 You all rock! I am so excited to bring you along our fun new adventure.

Speaking of our new adventure, if you haven't heard yet, we are building a house! You can read all about it here.

I suppose I will pick right up where I left off in my last post. Last week our foundation was poured, sewer and water lines were ran, and I chose most of my interior and exterior finishes.

Monday the 21st, I drove by our house and everything was back filled and the driveway was poured. It looked so different and I could really tell what it was going to look like on the lot.
Later that day I had an appointment at Sears with a lady in the contractors office to go and pick out  all of my appliances. I ended up getting all stainless steel GE appliances. A french door fridge, freestanding double oven gas range, over the range microwave, and dishwasher. Picky pants me, had a list of specific things I wanted, of course, and luckily for me, GE had everything on my list. I also got a new Maytag top load washer and dryer. I spent hours researching and reading reviews, before my appointment. I really, really, wanted to make sure I was choosing right. *I hope I chose right...



That was a fun process picking everything out and we timed it just right for all the awesome Black Friday deals, score! 

Tuesday, the driveway, sidewalk and back patio were all poured. 
We didn't quite make it back over there in time to be able to put our handprints in it, so plan B: we scratched our initials in the cement instead. 
We had to make our mark somewhere ;) This right on the side of our back patio and I know I will smile overtime I see it, and remember the excitement I felt, waiting for this house to be home.
Every single day last week something was happening. It was so exciting to drive over to our place and see something new. On Wednesday all of the cement was scored to help prevent cracks.
And then Thanksgiving came, the weekend came and we waited, and we waited, and waited just to see that glorious bundle of lumber be delivered. It finally it arrived on Wednesday November 30th, just as we were getting the first snowfall in the valley!
I know, I know, really that wasn't too long to have to wait, especially over a holiday. But I'm just so excited!

And seriously the snow that day was here and gone in just a few hours, but it was pretty. *Please stay away snow, just until our house is framed, sheeted, shingled, and wrapped. Thanks ;)
It's crazy to think that pile of lumber is going to be the bones of our home. We sure are thankful for those hardworking framers and contractors that work year-round, rain or shine!
So now the fun part begins!

The next update will be all about the framing. This is going to be so exciting to actually see our home take shape! Fingers crossed it goes smoothly and quickly, and the weather cooperates. But it is December, so we'll just take what we get ;)

Thanks for stopping buy, have a sweet and wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs