Building Our Home // Moving In and House Tour

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

It's official...
After months of watching our home be built, we are finally moved into it. It is ours, and it feels so good to have a home again.

Thursday, February 23 at 11:30am we signed papers and then anxiously patiently waited for the phone call that told us everything had funded and recorded and we could move in.

At 4:00 pm the phone rang, and we officially we homeowners. We got the keys to our new home.
We went over and was surprised by this beautiful arrangement from Michelle. She and Kent were so great throughout this process. And this seriously just goes to show how amazing and sweet she is. Thank you so much for the flowers, we loved them <3
With the help of our family and Cross Town Movers, Friday morning, we got all of our stuff from storage and into the new house in no time.
At this point, two weeks later, I have basically everything unpacked and we're all settled in. I haven't hung anything on the walls yet, but I'm sure I'll get around to it. I really wanted to get everything out of boxes and organized before I started full on decorating lol. I am actually having a little bit of anxiety when I start thinking about putting holes in my walls.

Now time for a little house tour...
I started unpacking and organizing room by room, starting in our master bedroom and bath. I definitely wanted those rooms finished so we could actually live in our new house. I love how the master suite turned out <3
In the bedroom, the oversized king diamond tufted headboard that I made a couple weeks ago, is the perfect addition to our bedroom. I love how cozy it looks and feels. I found the lamps and comforter set at Costco. The curtains and rods are from Kohls.
Paired with the crystal lamps, chandelier, and tray ceiling, the bedroom sparkles day and night.
The master bath is such a nice retreat. It's a great place to relax a unwind after a long day.
Alan added a solid glass shower door with a pretty brushed ladder pull that matched the rest of of hardware.
The vanity has the perfect amount of storage, and I love the double sinks.
The spacious 6 foot soaker tub has been a life saver the last couple weeks. It is the perfect place to retreat after a long day on my feet.
Can't forget get the water closet, it wouldn't be a bathroom with out one ;)
The walk in closet is all organized and is filled with fun baskets from Target.
Then I moved into the kitchen, the next most important room, because you know me and my food lol!   I absolutely LOVE my kitchen!
The tile, appliances, cabinets and counter tops just sparkle. It crisp and clean and such a dream to work in.
The large island and bar stools are so nice and have already been put to good use.
Oh and I can't forget my pantry, oh how I love having a pantry.
I love all the glass storage and baskets that are incorporated into it as well.
My dining area is now filled with this beautiful custom made farmhouse style table. My friend Sabrina, over at Sawdust at Sunrise, is incredible and did such a beautiful job. It was exactly what I had in mind when I asked her to build it for us.
The sweet gray tufted chairs are from Target, and I love they way they look with the table. I'm not sure what my style is, a little farmhouse, a little contemporary, a little modern, a little shabby, a little bit of everything I like.
The great room is for sure the most decorated and homey/cozy feeling room.
We are still waiting on an area rug and how we are for sure going to arrange the furniture. But for now it seems to be working out great for us.
I love the gas fireplace and large hearth and mantle. We turn it on pretty much every night and relax in front of it.
Those rooms are definitely some of my favorites in the house.

Right off the dining room is our 4th bedroom, now known as Alan's room. It is so not ready for a picture, but it is what it is. Right now there's extra furniture, exercise equipment, and some decorations in there.
I think this is the one room in the house I'm just going to have to pretend is not there. I will go in with my eyes closed, clean it, and move on.

At the front of the house is our entry way. I love that there is a tray ceiling in here as well. A simple organza drum shade light finishes off the space.
I found this cute little bench at Home Goods. I am also planning on doing a DIY coat hook for above the bench.
The first bedroom, is what I use as my photography room. It has large windows and plenty of storage of my supplies. I've already had the chance to use it a couple times and it works beautifully. I just love the natural light that is in there.
The laundry room is sweet and simple.
Plenty of storage, a hanging rack, utility sink, and a full length counter for folding.
Next is the main/guest bathroom. We used the same tile as we did in the master bathroom as well as the quartz counters.
At the end of the hall is the office/craft/sewing/kids toys/someday guest bedroom. This is obviously still a work in progress.
Down the hall from the entry area is our mud room area and the door that goes out to the garage. I love the concept of mud rooms, and we utilize this space everyday, every time we go in and out of the house.
I found this hello pillow at Hobby Lobby months ago and could not wait to be able to set it on the bench.
On the outside we have a nice little covered patio at the back of our house. It has an extended grilling, fire pit, lounge area too. I cannot wait for those warm summer nights and the countless hours we'll spend out here.
Eventually we will get a fence and be able to spend lots of time outside watching the nieces and nephews play and run around. But until then I'll sit here listen to the landscapers put in our curbing, and do all the finishing touches to the outside. Soon, very soon, the house will be 100% finished.

Thank you so much for stopping by and following us along on our new exciting adventure.

Have a super sweet and amazing day! 

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow! So excited for you guys! It turned out beautiful :) I think we are the
    same as far as a combination of styles...when I try to narrow it down, I just know
    when I like something :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Raylene :) It's kind of fun to find just the perfect thing, even if it's something I had no idea I needed haha ;)

      Delete
  2. Love it, Toni <3 Beautifully thought out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fixes and upkeep currently emerge from your wallet, not your landlord's. Make a rundown of things you need checked. Stay in the house during the assessment. In the case of anything needs fixing, demand the vender deals with costs before shutting.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs