Travel Blog ~ Lost Lake, Idaho 2017

Friday, September 15, 2017

I'm still playing catch up on some of my travel posts! At least this one wasn't too long ago...this little vacation happened this summer!
Lost Lake, Idaho. I have been camping up there my entire life. When I was a little girl, my family and I would camp for two weeks at a time. Dirty clothes, scraped knees, smoky hair, sticky marshmallow fingers, a belly full of hot dogs, wild flower bouquets, and eating the best breakfasts in the world. Bike rides, campfires, fishing, swimming in the creek, singing, ohh the singing lol, running from snakes, looking for bears and hoping we wouldn't see one, seeing a bear! Adventures and memories that are some of the dearest to me. Who says growing up as an only child is bad? Plus, most of the time some of my cousins and friends were up there too :)
When I was young (before Alan came into the picture) we always camped on the creek at "Deer Camp". We didn't have boats or atvs, just an imagination and bikes.
After Alan entered the picture, we started camping on the lake with his family. They had a boat and motorcycles so it made sense to stay near the lake. It's still camping but it's just not what I know as camping. I still crave the sound of the creek running as a drift off to sleep.
Anyways back to our summer camping trip. We went up to Lost Lake in June for 5 nights and our good friends Chris & Kristina came up and stayed with us too. It was the first time their kids had actually ever been camping, so that was fun to watch them experience the great outdoors. There were a bunch of other friends and family up up there too, and we all had a blast! Several of the people I grew up camping with, were up there too <3
The first couple days we were there it was actually hot and we had the lake to ourselves! We swam, rode in the boat, and pulled the tube for hours!
We had such a beautiful sunset one night too <3 You know me and my sunsets! It was the perfect end to a perfect day.
The next day it started to cool down a little so we did some hiking, wildflower picking, and kept our eyes out for bears ;) It was too funny every time a twig would snap the kids would yell out thinking it was a bear!
And no post of mine is complete without a little sweetness in it <3 We sure enjoyed our sweet girls Hazel & Millie <3
Then the rain came along with the rest of our friends. But just because we didn't have ideal weather doesn't mean that we didn't have fun. The rain would come and go so we still had some decent weather. Oh and the kids loved the mud. The moms, not so much haha!
We played games and cards, went on walks, made and ate lots of yummy food. We sat around the campfire a lot and then we would stay up till 2 am laughing and telling stories.
We listened to all the little kids scream and laugh and make their very own memories of camping at Lost Lake <3 The kids didn't even know that it was raining, or they barely noticed. They were out playing all day. The only time we would see them is when they were hungry, needed a s'more, or wanted some hot cocoa to drink.
Alan & I went on a few atv rides on the trails and around the lake. Luckily we made it back right before a downpour!
We had such a wonderful time and I know that we all made some great memories together. I can't wait to do it again! It was the perfect summer camping trip with some of my favorite people :)
Thank you so much for stopping by, and thank you to my sweet camping friends, I love you all <3 Have a sweet and happy day :)

4 comments:

  1. You got some amazing photos! That was such a fun trip😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I sure enjoyed you guys <3 We'll have to do it again :)

      Delete
  2. I loved this camping trip so much ❤ Those are some gorgeous shots ��

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs