Winter Escape // The Springs, Idaho City

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Sometimes a little escape is all you need to recharge your batteries. After the crazy, busy, amazing fall we had, we were real to recharge our batteries.

We escaped the hustle and bustle of the city, holiday shoppers and busy season yesterday by heading about two hours east, to a little town called Idaho City. Alan had a few vacation days that he needed to use before the end of the year, so we tried to think of something fun and new to do, and that also wouldn't break the bank, and this is what we came up with.

There is a nice little hot springs and spa nestled in the hillside right before you get into the city limits of Idaho City. It's called The Springs. It seriously was the prefect escape, and since we went on a late Monday afternoon, there wasn't very many people there and we ended up having a super quiet and relaxing evening.
We ended up staying a little over three hours and I could have probably just slept there if they would have let me, haha. I was so relaxed and the water was the perfect temperature. It was about 20 degrees outside so the warm water was so nice. Getting out to eat and use the restroom was another story, it was chilly!

I especially loved the pool after the sun went down. The lights changed colors and so did the water. It was so pretty.
We also checked out their private tubs. They were super secluded, had a pretty view and lots of privacy.
I can not wait to go back! The staff were all super nice and helpful. The spa and locker rooms were fully stocked and super clean. All I brought were our bating suits, they had everything else. That made the getaway even better! I didn't have to pack and haul bunch of stuff with us. They offered complimentary water which I loved!!! They infused it with, lemons, limes and oranges, it was so yummy. They had a great selection of snacks, salads, sandwiches, desserts, and other yummy food. Beer, wine, cocktails, hot cocoa, coffee, teas and other non-alcoholic options were available as well. Servers walked around the pool constantly taking food and drink orders. They offered massages in their heated/cooled yurts, it was very spa-like. You can see their full list of amenities here.

They require reservations and only allow a certain number of people in at a time, so it is not overcrowded. They are all day passes so you can stay as long as you want.

//

Down here in the valley we haven't had any official snow yet this winter, but it's coming, I'm sure if that. While on our drive I was actually excited to see a little snow! You know I'm a summer loving, hot weather, shorts and tank top, kind of girl, but the snow is beautiful, and I do enjoy looking at it too.
It was the perfect little day trip that felt like a mini vacation. We had a great time, enjoyed some fresh freezing cold air, and enjoyed some time being unplugged, reconnecting, and just spending quality time together.

If you guys are looking for a nice spot for a day getaway, I would highly recommend The Springs.

I am not being paid for my review or opinion, this is just a great place that I wanted to share with you all. Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you have a sweet and wonderful day.

3 comments:

  1. Love your blog! You guys are always doing something awesome;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I love the Springs, it's so nice. I'd love to go back sometime. Maybe we'll have to take a girls' trip the next time I'm in town ;)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs