Summer Flowers

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

I've been spending a lot of time outside lately cleaning up my flowerbeds, soaking up the sunshine, and admiring my favorite summer flower, hydrangeas. 



They are so dainty and feminine. And these particular ones are pink...I love the color pink!


I just love hydrangeas and these pretties are in full bloom right now. That also means that summer is on it's way out for the year. I love the summer, the sun, the tan lines, the water, the smell of freshly cut grass, and the flowers. I try to soak up as much of these as I can, because once winter comes, it's long, gloomy, cold and so gray & dreary. 


During the summer our family loves to spend time on the lake, waterskiing, and swimming. Summer storms are amazing here, crazy thunder and the torrential downpour of rain, I could sit on may patio and could listen to it all day long.  I love entertaining with our friends and family and having outdoor dinner parties. I even enjoy all the yard work, especially working in my flower beds. These are the things that I miss so much during the winter months. So for now, I will breathe in the sweet smell of flowers and warm summer air.


"Let us dance in the sun, wearing wildflowers in our hair."
~ Susan Polis Schutz

2 comments:

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs