2016 Clean & Organized Home Week 1 ~ Declutter Kitchen

Monday, January 4, 2016

I am soooooo ready to start checking things off on my to do list and to have my house back in order after the holidays!
2016 Planner from Target
I decided to follow this Clean and Organized Home Challenge video from HowJenDoesIt. This came at the perfect time! I really enjoy watching her YouTube channel, but I know that I am a little weird, not every likes to watch cleaning, organizing, cooking and decorating videos like I do ;) She's also using this hashtag, #2016HowJenDoesItChallenge on Instagram, if you want to see everyone's progress.

I am planning on following along and getting my house nice and tidy. She's challenging everyone to work just 15 minutes a day, breaking it up into a manageable sections, to get the entire kitchen decluttered by the weekend. For the next several weeks there will be a new challenge. This seems extremely do-able.


Week 1, we're working on the kitchen. This week she is only focusing on decluttering, next week she'll get into the cleaning. So in just 15 minutes a day, by the end of this week, your kitchen should be decluttered and tidy!
  • Monday ~ Countertops. Clean of those clutter countertops! Put away anything that's not being used. Throw away the trash. File away the bills and papers. Clear off that catch-all spot. 
  • Tuesday ~ Cabinets. Go through your cabinets and get rid of anything you don't use or don't like. Broken dishes, old Tupperware, extra mugs, anything that you no longer want or use.
  • Wednesday ~ Drawers. Clean out your drawers and get rid of anything you don't use anymore and anything that you no longer like. If you have a junk drawer, clean and organize this as well.
  • Thursday ~ Pantry. Throw away any old or expired food. If you have small appliances stored in there that you no longer use, get rid of those too.
  • Friday ~ Refrigerator. Don't worry about cleaning anything, just throw away anything yucky. Old food, leftovers, expired salad dressings and condiments.
That's it! She wants this to be quick so it's not overwhelming. If you need more than 15 minutes in an area, then of course take the extra time. 

I am excited to start this! Let me know if you plan on trying this too. Today I did the countertops in about 3 minutes. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

Happy decluttering! Thanks for reading :)

6 comments:

  1. This is a good idea. ..if I was nicer I would start this at my mom's house😆 she has an inability to let go of things though. ..so it can be kinda hard😐 I told her she needs to read the book you suggested😉 I think alot of the older generations have trouble letting go of things😯

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are totally right about the older generation! But after I cleaned up my house and my mom saw how much stuff I got rid of and how much better my house looked, we started her house too. It was awesome and she got rid of tons!! Haha I'm sure your mom wouldn't care if you cleaned for her ;)

      Delete
  2. 15 minutes I think I could do ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Do it lol!! Your kitchen looks great you don't have any clutter

      Delete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs