2016 Clean Home & Organizing Challenge Week 8 ~ Jewelry & Dressers

Monday, February 22, 2016

Week 8 ~ This week we are going to be cleaning out our dressers and organizing our jewelry! This is one of my favorite things to do, and since I did the big Kon-Marie clean last year, it's pretty easy for me to keep my drawers organized and filled with just the things I really love.

My suggestion is to work quickly. If you know you don't like a certain top, or it's worn out, or it doesn't fit you anymore, get rid of it. Just go with your first feeling or reaction towards that article of clothing. If it's something that you love and it makes you feel good when you are wearing it, keep it, if it's not, put it in a bag to donate.
If you're just joining in, please read last week post here, where we cleaned our closet. You can very easily catch up if you want to. Fifteen minutes a day is pretty manageable and when you set a timer and put a little "pressure" on yourself, you can get a lot done! We're still using #2016HowJenDoesItChallenge on Instagram, if you want to see every ones progress.
You can check out this weeks video from Jen, from HowJenDoesIt, here. For the next several weeks there will be a new challenge and video from Jen for different areas of the home. This seems extremely do-able. We can do it!!
  • Monday ~ Jewelry. Clean out and organize all of your jewelry. There are a lot of fun DIY organizers you can make yourself or you can buy one. You can also use command hooks if you have a lot of necklaces. Donate anything that you don't like or wear anymore, and throw away anything that is broken and cannot be fixed. I bought a picture frame jewelry box similar to this from Kohl's at Christmas time and I love it for my jewelry. I also have this bamboo organizer from Walmart for my earrings and bracelets.
  • Tuesday ~ Sweaters. If you keep sweaters in a dresser drawer go through them and keep the one's you love and that fit. I keep my sweaters in my closet in the winter and then store them in the dresser for the summer. If they are stretched out or have holes in them, discard them, otherwise donate the one's that you no longer wear. I love to fold my clothes so that they stand up and are in rows instead of piles. You can see exactly what you have!
  • Wednesday ~ Socks, Tights & Pantyhose. Go through and make sure each sock has a match and are in good shape. If the elastic is shot or there are holes in them, recycle them for dusting rags or toss them. If they are stretched out, stained and old, you probably won't wear them again. Make some room for new ones!
  • Thursday ~ Bras, Panties & Cami's. Anything that doesn't fit or is uncomfortable and you don't wear anymore, donate it. If you've gone up or down a size make room for some new items and get rid of the old.
  • Friday ~ Lounge Wear, PJ's & Swim Suits. Make sure and keep some old "work" clothes, for yard work, painting, projects etc. Discarded or donate anything that you no longer wear or that doesn't fit.
  • BONUS ~ I keep my jeans and shorts in my dresser drawers, so if you're like me, sort through your bottoms now and keep the ones you love and donate anything that you don't.
She wants this to be quick so it's not overwhelming. If you need more than 15 minutes in an area, then of course take the extra time. This is just an easy way to clean a little each day and at the end, you're entire house will be done!

I am excited to continue this! Let me know if you plan on trying this too. 

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs