Easy DIY Vanilla Latte Sugar Scrub

Friday, June 3, 2016

I have been so busy lately that I haven't hardly had a chance to do any crafting or DIY'ing. Well today that changed and I set aside a little time and finally made something, yay!

I have been wanting to try some homemade sugar scrub since I first made my Pinterest account and saw how easy it was. Well fast forward a few years, and I finally got it done! Vanilla Latte body scrub coming right up!
What I did isn't anything new, but I wanted to share how easy it was. It also makes a great quick gift idea!

This recipe is very basic and more than likely you already have everything you need to make it.

  • Mason Jar or some other air tight container, I prefer glass
  • Coconut Oil, refined (doesn't have a coconut scent) or unrefined (smells like coconut)
  • Granulated Sugar 
  • Brown Sugar
  • Coffee
  • Vanilla
  1. I started with 1/2 cup of white granulated sugar, 2 tbsp brown sugar, 2 tbsp coffee, 1/4 tsp vanilla and 3 tbsp coconut oil. A good basic rule is 75% sugar and 25% oil.
  2. I used my Kitchen Aid mixer and mixed everything together until it was evenly distributed. 
  3. Then I spooned the sugar scrub into a little jar, made a little label and voila! An all natural scrub!
I love to use this scrub in the mornings. It is invigorating, really helps wake me up and it smells delicious!
What I love best about this scrub, is that you know exactly what is in it. No nasty chemicals of fillers here! I am allergic to tree nuts, especially almonds, and when you get to looking at the labels of body care items it's crazy how many things are made with almond oil. This was the perfect solution for me!

What are some of your favorite scents and flavor combinations? I have a few more I'm planning on making and I can't wait!
Thanks for stopping by and have a sweet & wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs