Building Our Home // Framing & Lighting

Friday, December 16, 2016

Things are moving right along with the construction of our house. It seems like every day we are checking things off our to do list. Everyday we are one step closer to moving in.

Our builder gave us the timeline for the construction, and I love checking it everyday to see what's going on, or supposed to be. It is December after all, and honestly up until now, we've had a very mild winter. It's really just been about a week of snowfall so far.

I wish I could teleport, or have crystal ball, so I could check in anytime I wanted to and be able see the progress.  Seriously. The one hour commute (round trip), from my current house to my new house, is not fun! Especially since I do it several times a week. If you're in the area, don't be surprised if some days you see my driving by multiple times, or just hanging out in my car editing photos, eating lunch, or drinking a slush from Sonic, because happy hour of course lol. * I really don't want to miss out on anything, obviously ;)

After that amazing pile of lumber arrived, the framing started almost immediately.
Friday December 2nd, the bottom plate/ground sill was installed.
Saturday the 3rd, the floor joists, beams, and sheeting were put together and we had a floor!
We may or may not have stopped by for a second time that night to check out the progress, and when we did we were surprised that some walls were standing! 
Sunday it poured rain and framing was at a standstill. Monday I stopped by and this was all done!
Everything was moving along great and then, snow.

Snow.

And more snow.

The whole week there was snow. We really appreciate those hard working men, building the walls and framing our house out room by room. When it was just the concrete there, and all you could see were the footings and foundation, it didn't seem that big. But now that things are vertical, it seems a lot bigger!
One day the only thing that happen was the delivery of or bathtubs. Oh, and of course more snow.
Finally on Monday the 12th, Happy Birthday Mom, the snow had stopped, the framers could get back to work, and the trusses were put up! Now that really made it seem huge! And you could really see the house take shape.
Tuesday I brought donuts and juice to the framers for a little mid-morning snack.  Everyone deserves a treat, especially when you have to work in 20* weather.
On Wednesday the 14th I met Michelle, my builders agent, at Builders Lighting to choose some light fixtures. I of course had been doing my homework and researching designs I loved for a few days prior when I saw this picture on Pinterest, and I fell in love <3 If I were a little glass pendant this would be me!
Those pendants were exactly what I had in mind, but there was nothing like that in the show room. Thankfully the awesome salesman at Builder's Lighting had some books for us to look through. With a little help from Pinterest and Google, we found a design and brand name. Michelle found it right away in one of the first books we looked through! She seriously saved the day!

Here's a few of the fixtures I chose.
Organza double drum for the entry by Dolan.
Triple opal etched bathroom vanity lights by Kichler.
Glass jug pendant lights for over the island by Kenroy.



Organza drum crystal chandelier for the master bedroom by Vienna.
The framing story continues next time...
Stay tuned...

And as always, thank you for following along with us and our exciting adventure. I appreciate all of your support. Have a sweet and beautiful day :)

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs