Building Our Home // Siding, Insulation, Drywall, Tape, Garage Doors

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Happy 2017 everyone! Here's to a year full of new beginnings...

This house building adventure is a lot of fun. I am enjoying every step of the process, especially now that the house is buttoned up and the snow is staying out of it.

Alan & I go over on the weekends to look things over, and I go over during the week and send him pictures of the progress.  I know the men working on the house know my car and my famous pink coat haha. I am always surprised at all the changes that can be made in just a day. Things are moving right along on our house that's for sure.

December 29th, the siding was started and the insulation was in all of the exterior walls. Oh and the weather was a frosty 3 degrees. BURR!
December 30th, the garage doors were hung, and the ceiling drywall was hung. The furnace was turned on so the floors and walls could dry out a little bit before the rest of the sheetrock was hung. Also the siding is almost finished. Those guys sure make it look easy.
January 2nd, Alan & I stopped by and the siding was complete!!
Wednesday the 4th, my parents and I stopped by and the sheetrock was finished and so was all the joint seams and tape. 
On Friday not a lot had changed except all of the nail holes were filled in. Oh and the glorious sun was shining!
***Oh and I should mention, here in Idaho we are having the worst weather/snow we've had in over 30 years! Over two feet of snow (and it's still snowing) and freezing temperatures that plummet to negative -15 degrees at night and a high of 0 degrees during the day. It's insane. And that's just here where I live. In other areas it is much much worse! ***Update, we got an additional 10 inches of snow, then shortly after freezing rain! At least the temperature is in the upper teens and low 20's now!

The next steps are going to be some awesome ones, where finishing touches are being started and the house will really become our own!

Here's to a happy, healthy new year, and hopefully warmer weather is around the corner!

Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you have a sweet and happy day!

3 comments:

  1. Ah!!! So exciting! :) I can't wait to see it all finished the next time I come to town! Also, love the board and batten siding! I was just telling Dane that if we ever build, that's the kind of siding I want lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I can finally tell its a house now lol I'm so bad at imagining a house when its just 2x4's lol lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. capacity you need from your family foodstuff requirements and allotted space in the house. Knowing the right appliance size can save you much money in terms of cost and energy bills. Dishwasher Repair in San Diego

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs