Happy Birthday Blog 31 ~ Birthday Freebie Haul

Saturday, May 6, 2017

So it's been a couple months since my birthday, but I still wanted to get this post up.

Another year has come and gone, and my oh my how things have changed in a year. If you would have told me a year ago, I would have never dreamed in a million years that I would be sitting here in my home, a brand new house. I would have said you're insane!

But here I am, in front of my fireplace, listening to the rain falling down, and smelling a delicious lemon cake baking in the oven. I am just really enjoying the simple things life, and feeling extra thankful.

I used to worry about getting older. The gray hairs, the wrinkles, the over all saggy-ness. I was worried sick when I turned 25, I was always thinking, "only 5 years until you're 30!" Like 30 is old! It definitely is not! I thought my life was going to be over when I turned 30. But then after losing loved ones, and watching friends around my age, pass away or lose their spouses, I decided that growing up and growing old is NOT a bad thing. It definitely beats the alternative. So at the age of 26, I threw myself a sweet 26 party and I stopped freaking out about my age.
So I embrace life and enjoy each day I am given. Living life more abundantly and not taking things for granted. Trying to be a better person than I was the day before. Slowing down and appreciating the little things.

This year I enjoyed turning 31. Breakfast with my love bright and early. Lunch at Panera and free birthday pastry, shopping, and pedicures with my bestie. Then family dinner at Texas Roadhouse and free birthday appetizer or sidekick of ribs, and finally dessert back at our house. Texas sheet cake, hot out of the oven, and rice krispie treats.
Thanks to social media, birthdays are not easily forgotten. I received tons of messages and comments from my friends and that made the day even better <3 Thank you everyone :)

My little sweetie pie niece is just the icing on my cake and made this birthday even more special.
My birthday continued over the next couple days as I drove around picking up all my birthday freebies from Ulta, Sephora, Victoria's Secret, World Market, and Kohl's. I'm telling you guys, it is worth signing up for free rewards. Here's my haul from last year.

Here's my freebie birthday haul this year...
The PORE fessional - Ulta Birthday Gift
Lace Bodysuit - Victoria's Secret $10 Birthday Gift + $15 Rewards Card
Tarte Blush & Lipgloss - Sephora Birthday Gift
Bird Ring Tree & Bath Pillow - World Market $10 Birthday Reward
Glass Apothecary Jar - Kohl's $10 Birthday Reward

In this post I am also going to include a couple really sweet house warming gifts I also received.

This beautiful carved cutting board from my mom and dad...
And this adorable engraved Pampered Chef Whisk from my bestie Kristina.
Kristina is an independent Pampered Chef consultant and always has the best new gadgets. You can find her website here if you are interested in amazing kitchen tools, food products, cookware, stoneware, cookbooks, and so much more.

My other bestie Monica gave me some cash to put towards something for the new house. I put it towards my dining room table, and I am loving it so much. I'm pretty sure I have blasted her name and pictures all over, but just incase you missed it, Sabrina over at Sawdust at Sunrise built this beautiful farm style table for us :)
I hope you have a sweet and happy day. Thank you so much for stopping by.

*This post is not sponsored. Just giving a shout out to some of my favorite places.

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs