DIY Spice Jar Labels

Friday, June 30, 2017

This is kind of a part two to the last project I posted here. I made an easy DIY drawer spice rack and these cute little labels are just the icing on the cake.

These were actually pretty easy to make and it only took about an hour or so. It totally transformed the look of my spice drawer and made it look cohesive with the rest of my kitchen.

Here's what I did...

I used my computer and printer to make the actual sheet of labels. I found a font I liked, I used Peas & Carrots, then I printed a test sheet on plain paper and then made any adjustments so that my punch only cut out one word at a time and didn't cut off the next one, and so on. When I was happy, I printed it again on a large label sheet. I used Avery #8165, Full Sheet Shipping Labels.
The next thing I did was cut a piece of clear contact paper big enough cover the label sheet. I found the contact paper at the Dollar Tree, score! The contact paper protects the label from stains and lets you be able to wipe down the spice jar without dissolving off your label.
Peel off the backing of the contact paper and carefully smooth it over the label sheet. I started at the bottom and worked my way up, that seemed to be the easiest for me.
 Then I took a little plastic scraper and got out any air bubbles.
Next I took my 1.5" circle punch and started punching out each label. You can get creative here and use any shape you want, but for the jars I had and what I had in mind, this circle punch was perfect. I found this one at Hobby Lobby.
 Peel off the back of the label and adhere it to a clean and dry spice jar. Repeat 30 or so times ;)
 Then for the fun part, fill up your new jars, recycle the old, and admire those beauties!
 They fit perfect on my DIY spice racks in my spice drawer! To see that tutorial click here.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. Labels for jars and bottles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food label ideas I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs