2016 Clean Home & Organizing Challenge Week 6 ~ Deep Clean Bathroom

Monday, February 8, 2016

Week 6 ~ This week we are still working in the bathroom. And now that it's all decluttered and organized we're going to deep clean it. If you have more than one bathroom, just focus on the main bathroom that you use this week. So far we've completed the kitchen and eating areas of our homes. Here's a link to last weeks post.

This week we are focusing on the deep cleaning. Starting from the top and working our way down, by the end of the week your bathroom should be sparkling! And congratulations if you've made it this far, you had a great head start to your spring cleaning!
If you're just joining in, please read last week post here, where we decluttered our bathrooms. You can very easily catch up if you want to. Fifteen minutes a day is pretty manageable and when you set a timer and put a little "pressure" on yourself, you can get a lot done! We're still using #2016HowJenDoesItChallenge on Instagram, if you want to see every ones progress.
You can check out this weeks video from Jen, from HowJenDoesIt, here. For the next several weeks there will be a new challenge and video from Jen for different areas of the home. This seems extremely do-able. We can do it!!
  • Monday ~ Wipe down and dust the ceilings, corners, walls, light fixtures, door and cabinets. Make sure to get any plant shelves if you have those too. Bathrooms collect a lot of dust, fuzz, lint, and product build up, all the extra hairspray that misses our hair has to go somewhere, and it's the walls and floors! My favorite tool to use for the ceilings and walls is my Flip Mop from O-Cedar, it makes cleaning the walls so much faster and easier. It was a life saver when I cleaned houses for a living.
  • Tuesday ~ Wash your rugs, sanitize & clean your bathtub & shower, and wipe down the baseboards. I always give my bathroom rugs a good shake outside before I put them in the washer. In Jen's video, linked above, she has tips for cleaning and sanitizing your jetted tub. While you're wiping down your baseboards make sure and get the corners where your mop might miss and wipe down your heat vents too.
  • Wednesday ~ Sanitize your toothbrushes and wash the windows. For the toothbrushes, just fill a glass about halfway up with vinegar or hydrogen peroxide, and let them soak for 15 minutes. While those are getting sanitized, you can wash the bathroom windows. Today, also clean your countertops and sinks, and wash your mirrors.
  • Thursday ~ Clean and sanitize the toilet, toilet brush and holder. Clean the inside of the toilet and wipe down the outside of the tank, bowl, stand, and base. I also wipe down the water line that goes into the toilet. Also, wiped own the bathroom scales as well. With your extra time today, finish any decluttering you may have started last week in any other bathrooms you might have & then start cleaning them.
  • Friday ~ Finish cleaning any other bathrooms you might have. Yesterday you should have finished decluttering and started the cleaning. Today try and get them finished!
  • BONUS ~ Clean the floors and wash your shower curtains! While I was cleaning houses, I cannot tell you how many people asked me how to get "the little boy smell" out of their bathrooms, and my first response is, "have you washed your shower curtain?" A lot of bathrooms have the toilet right next to the tub, and "stuff" tends to splatter everywhere. If you're not washing your shower curtain regularly and you notice your bathrooms smells, even after you've scrubbed the toilet and the walls and cabinets around it, it's time to wash it. Second tip, I actually just mentioned above, is to wash the walls and cabinets around and behind the toilet. Sometimes those places get overlooked, but they get "stuff" splattered on them as well and that makes your bathrooms smell. Last, and this is just a personal pet peeve of mine, it's rugs around the toilet. I do not have rugs around my toilets, because of "stuff." I get the heebie-jeebies just thinking about it, and I've had some bad experiences while cleaning other peoples homes. I find it mush easier to clean and have my bathrooms smelling nice when I don't have a rug around the toilet. And if you do have one, make sure and wash it regularly! 
That's it! She wants this to be quick so it's not overwhelming. If you need more than 15 minutes in an area, then of course take the extra time.

I am excited to continue this! Let me know if you plan on trying this too. 

Happy cleaning and thanks for reading :)

2 comments:

  1. Lol!!! I sanitize our tooth brushes all the time !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I actually think I started because of you, I never thought to do it before.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs