Travel Blog ~ Brookings, OR & Grants Pass, OR 2017

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

I love the ocean. I think I've said that before :) I actually think I should have been a mermaid. That's how much I love it.

So when my husband and I decided to take a little vacation, the choice was simple, take me to the beach. We went to Oregon to visit our friends and the salty air.
We spent most of our time with our good friends, visiting all their favorite local spots in Grants Pass, and hanging out at the beach. We went right as the fall colors were starting to peak and everything was just gorgeous. The weather was perfect. Seriously we had such a wonderful time.

While we were there our other good friends from Idaho came over too for a few days and we got to hang out with them Saturday evening. We went out to dinner and then back to our hotel to swim.

Idaho girls, two of us still live there, the other two live in Oregon now.
I even had time for a few mini shoots while we were there. You can see those, here, here, and here. I got to take 3 different families photos, including Dane and Amy's, and it was so nice to see some different scenery. Oregon is so beautiful.

Alan and I stayed 4 nights in Brookings, OR at the Best Western, the only oceanfront hotel in Southern Oregon. We had an ocean front suite and the best view of the ocean. The perfect place to watch the sun go down. These sunsets were particularly stunning.
Dane, Amy, Alan and I drove over to the coast Sunday after church. We were greeted with blue skies  the weather was just perfect! We walked on the beach and took in the sights. Seriously, shorts and short sleeves in October. It really is my favorite time to visit the coast.
Dane and Amy stayed Sunday night Sunday night and we had so much fun. We ate a bunch of great food, had fun swimming, hung out in the hot tub, and played games back at the room. We went to Harris Beach to watch the sunset that night.
Monday morning we were able to get a few pictures of Alan & I taken at the beach. I had been wanting to do that for ever! I just love how they tuned out. You can see more here <3
Pistol Beach was the perfect location for our photoshoot. It is located about 20 minutes north of Brookings headed towards Gold Beach. Thank you so much Amy for taking our pictures <3
That evening we all hung out at the beach and watched the sunset. Dane and Amy left Monday night. We ended up having a leak in our ceiling and we got upgraded to a ginormous suite and spent the remainder of our trip in that room. Sorry guys you left a day to early lol! Our other room was still a very nice oceanfront room, so they didn't suffer too bad lol.
 Tuesday, Alan & I took a little drive and hit up a bunch of scenic lookouts that were up the 101 highway. This was Arch Rock. The water was so turquoise that day! I honestly don't know if I have ever seen the Oregon Coast so blue. It kind of reminded me of Hawaii on a stormy day.
 Natural Bridges was our next stop.
 I couldn't drive passed this misty tree lined road without snapping a quick picture.
Cape Ferrelo Viewpoint
We spent quite a bit of time here at Lone Ranch Beach. There were lots of fun rocks and tide pools to check out.
Wednesday, we drove into Northern California and visited part of the Redwood National Forest. There's something about that place that makes you feel so small.

We went to the Trees of Mystery and saw the famous Blue Ox and Paul Bunyan. I had been there a long time ago when I was about three years old, so I didn't really remember anything besides those famous giant statues. It was beautiful. 
Just in case you can't read the sign...it reads, 297 feet tall & 19 feet in diameter. The Brotherhood Tree is a giant!
 We took the Skytrail to the top of the mountain and enjoyed the views of the California Pacific to the south and the gorgeous green forest as far as the eye could see to the north.
 And of course there was lots of beach time and photos that were taken during the trip :) The sunsets were just amazing the whole time we were there. Normally I am happy if I get one beautiful sunset, but this trip was just so beautiful. From sun up to sun down. The weather was just amazing.
Thursday was our last morning in Brookings before we headed back to Grants Pass. The clouds rolled in and we enjoyed one last look at the ocean.
On our way back, we stopped at a little place around the cutoff for Crescent City called Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park. We walked through some more giants and enjoyed the fresh clean air.
 The Smith River
Friday we met back up with our friends. That morning Amy and I went shopping downtown Grants Pass and we found the best antique store, I'm pretty sure we spent at least an hour looking around. 
Later that afternoon we met up with our hubby's went out and visited a bunch of beautiful vineyards in the Applegate Valley area. It was such a pretty day and I enjoyed taking in the sites.

Schmidt Family Vineyards. The grounds here were just gorgeous! And the colors were so pretty.
 Troon Vineyard. This place had the cutest pergola and European style buildings.
  Wooldridge Creek Winery. This was probably my favorite spot. The views were just beautiful.
Augustino Vineyard. I loved how they turned this old red barn into a tasting room.
 Red Lily Vineyard. The colors here were just amazing! I guess we saved the best for last!
The Applegate River
 McKee Bridge. I seriously loved getting to see this covered bridge <3 It was on my list of things to see, now I get to check that off :)
Thursday and Friday nights, we stayed right on the Rouge River at the Riverside Inn and it had such a great view <3
Friday night we all met up with some more of our friends and went out for dinner and back to one of their houses and hung out. We really enjoyed catching up with them. Thank you Jeremy and Brigette for hosting!

 We said goodbye to our sweet friends and left Grants Pass Saturday afternoon.

This picture was taken on our way to Bend, OR. I was driving and about scared Alan to death when I found a little turnoff and quickly pulled over. He should have known I was going stop to take one last picture! Just look at at. Mount Thielson.
Thank you for stopping by and catching up on out latest adventure. I hope you have a sweet and wonderful day.

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs